DR BLAND'S ALMSHOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1204492

Date first listed: 02-May-1986

Statutory Address: DR BLAND'S ALMSHOUSES, 119 AND 121, DERBY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DR BLAND'S ALMSHOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204492 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 11:15:12.

Location

Statutory Address: DR BLAND'S ALMSHOUSES, 119 AND 121, DERBY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Erewash (District Authority)

Parish: Sandiacre

National Grid Reference: SK 47522 36327

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARISH OF SANDIACRE DERBY ROAD SK 43 NE 2/107 (North Side) Dr Bland's Almshouses Nos 119 & 121 GV II

Pair of almshouses. 1910, built for Dr Bland. Brown brick with stone dressings and hipped plain tile roof with overhanging bell canted eaves and external side wall brick stacks with stone banding and cornices. Two storeys and three bays with advanced, gabled central bay. Wide stone segmental arch across the full width of the central bay with dentilled lower edge to arch. Set back behind the arch are two original studded wooden doors with two small diamond lights each. Above the arch is a flush stone plaque inscribed 'Dr Bland's Almshouses. Erected 1910'. Bays to either side have central 3-light chamfered mullion windows with leaded lights. Above there are two similar 2-light windows to either side and a central similar 4-light window. Over this in the gable there are four decorative stone diamonds. Built as a pair of Nos 115 and 117.

Listing NGR: SK4752236327

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 82293

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing