DRINKING FOUNTAIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204710
Date first listed:
08-Aug-1986
Date of most recent amendment:
26-Sep-1986
Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN, HIGH STREET
Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN, WATT PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DRINKING FOUNTAIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204710 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 12:07:21.

Location

Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN, HIGH STREET
Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN, WATT PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Staffordshire Moorlands (District Authority)
Parish:
Cheadle
National Grid Reference:
SK 00646 43190

Details

SK 0043-0143 CHEADLE C.P. HIGH STREET (South side)

11/65 Drinking fountain

GV II

Drinking fountain. Dated 1879. Stone with granite details. Stepped circular plinth. Triangular plan rising to dome surbase with round arch headed niches and gadrooned drinking bowls to each face; granite pilasters at angles rise throughdome with urn cappings; aedicular second rise springs from lower dome to moulded frieze and heavily dentilled pediments capped by a further dome with large urn finial; faces of top rise have inset plaques, one inscribed "THE GIFT OF/SARAH BOURNE/JOHN COLCLOUGH BOURNE/ A.D. 1879".

Listing NGR: SK0064643190

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
274868
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/03991/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Peach. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].