RAMSON CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 12 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204730
Date first listed:
10-Feb-1987
Statutory Address:
RAMSON CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 12 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of RAMSON CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 12 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204730 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 01:12:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
RAMSON CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 12 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
East Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Otterton
National Grid Reference:
SY 07999 85127

Details

OTTERTON CHURCH HILL, Otterton ST 0885 7/136 Ramson chest romb approximately - 12 metres south of porch of Church of St Michael GV II Chest tomb. Dated 1792 in memory of Simon and Elizabeth Ramson. Limestone ashlar. Chest tomb with richly soffit-moulded flat lid; the plinth is buried. On each long side the central plaque breaks forward very slightly. The northern side is inscribed with Roman serif upper and lower case lettering and records the death of Simon Ramson in 1792 and his wife, Elizabeth, in 1787. The tomb is bordered by a kerb containing the settings for iron boundary rails.

Listing NGR: SY0799985127

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
86337
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/08930/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr M. H. Carter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].