BURSTOW LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1204768

Date first listed: 11-Jun-1958

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Nov-1999

Statutory Address: BURSTOW LODGE, CHAPEL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BURSTOW LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204768 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 20:10:02.

Location

Statutory Address: BURSTOW LODGE, CHAPEL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Tandridge (District Authority)

Parish: Burstow

National Grid Reference: TQ 31471 44189

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 34 SW BURSTOW CHAPEL ROAD

188/8/74 Burstow Lodge

11.06.1958

GV II*

House. C15. Timber framed with whitewashed brick cladding below, tile hung above, steep pitched hipped slate roof with plain ridge tiles; stack to left of centre and left end. Hall House. 2 storeys, mixed regular casement fenestration with 5 windows across the first floor. Ribbed door to left of centre in gabled timber porch with arched leaded windows. Double casement doors to left end, C20 extensions to rear right. Interior: Much massive framing exposed with moulded beams and wall plates. Heavy strutted arch braces to first floor solar. Massive Crown posts to hall and solar.

SOURCES: P. Gray: "NUTFIELD AND BURSTOW" The History of landscape and buildings (1980); Manning & Bray: History of Surrey Vol. II p. 284; PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p.123.



Listing NGR: TQ3147144189

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 287313

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Gray, P , Nutfield and Burstow The History of landscape and buildings, (1980)
Manning, Owen , Bray, W, The History and Antiquities of the County of Surrey284
Pevsner, N, Nairn, I Rev. by Cherry, The Buildings of England: Surrey, (1971), 123

End of official listing