ROW OF 5 MEMORIALS RUNNING SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204818
Date first listed:
08-Aug-1986
Statutory Address:
ROW OF 5 MEMORIALS RUNNING SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROW OF 5 MEMORIALS RUNNING SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204818 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 04:47:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROW OF 5 MEMORIALS RUNNING SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Staffordshire Moorlands (District Authority)
Parish:
Checkley
National Grid Reference:
SK 02801 37864

Details

SK 03 NW CHECKLEY C.P. CHURCH LANE (north side)

9/102 Row of 5 memorials running south of Church of St. Mary

GV II

5 chest tombs. Late C18. Running east to west in a line; Milner memorial circa 1789: bay ended to west with fluted inset pilasters (quarter round flanking bay) and moulded top slab. Platt memorial circa 1796: waisted inset pilasters at angles and moulded top slab; Robinson memorial circa 1804: similar to Platt memorial with more sharply waisted pilasters; C18 tomb with inset, fluted pilasters (quarter round to angles) and moulded top slab, inscription now decayed; Phillips memorial circa 1780: moulded pilasters; fluted frieze with paterae to centre and angles; probably one of the Phillips of Tean Mill (qv) and Heath House (qv).

Listing NGR: SK0280137864

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
274906
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/06588/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey R Hood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].