CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204902
Date first listed:
03-Feb-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204902 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 17:04:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Farlesthorpe
National Grid Reference:
TF 47532 74024

Details

TF 47 SE FARLESTHORPE MAIN STREET (south side)

1/18 Church of St. Andrew 3.2.67 II

Parish church. c.1800, restored 1881, chancel rebuilt 1912, 1953 restoration. Farlesthorpe yellow brick, red brick, ashlar dressings, slate roof. Nave with bellcote, west porch, facetted chancel. Added c.1912 gabled red brick porch with ashlar kneelers and dentillated eaves course. Pointed doorway, double planked doors. Broad 6 panelled inner door of c.1800. Above the porch a plaque recording the restoration of 1953, the date of the single bellcote to the gable. Nave side walls have brick dentillated eaves, and on the north is a single and on south 2 semi-circular headed windows with ashlar key and impost blocks. Mid C19 facetted chancel having 3 chamfered lancets. Interior. The westerly part of the side walls and the west wall are of coursed squared greenstone rubble, apparently from an earlier building. Chamfered and pointed C19 chancel arch. All fittings are Cl9, apart from the C15 octagonal font with plain stem, quatrefoils with rosettes to the sides of the bowl.

Listing NGR: TF4753274024

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196019
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].