STATION HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204977
Date first listed:
14-Nov-1985
Statutory Address:
STATION HOUSE, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STATION HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204977 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 10:27:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
STATION HOUSE, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Burton Agnes
National Grid Reference:
TA1078262381

Details

BURTON AGNES STATION ROAD TA 1062-1162 (east side) 12/34 Station House 14.ll.85 GV II

Station master's house and waiting room, now dwelling. 1845 by G T Andrews for the York and North Midland Railway Company. Brown brick with ashlar and red brick dressings and Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays with projecting single-storey, single-bay former waiting room to front. Plinth. Entrance to house to second bay, a 4-panel, part-glazed door under flat arch of red brick. Entrance to former waiting room now blocked, with ashlar surround of pilasters, round arch, keystone, cornice and blocking course. 12-pane sashes throughout under flat arches of red brick. Continuous ashlar sill bands. Rear stacks. Roof with wide overhanging eaves. Range to rear under pent roof.

Listing NGR: TA1078262381

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
167790
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01202/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr David Drury. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].