This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1204980



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Willoughby with Sloothby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196060

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



1/59 The Rectory


Rectory. Mid C18 with early C19 alterations, extension and alterations by Bejamin Broadbent in 1856 and James Fowler 1875. Red brick in Flemish bond, Farlesthorpe yellow brick, slate roof. Single axial brick stack with moulded top. 2 storey with garret, 3 bay front having plinth and eaves band, central panelled door with plain fanlight in Cl9 Farlesthorpe brick added porch with flat roof. To left a canted bay window with hipped slate roof, also in yellow brick and to right a blank C18 window opening. To first floor are 2 similar openings and a glazing bar sash, all with segmental brick heads. To left side a fixed glazing bar early C19 stair window in a slightly projecting bay has a semi- circular head. The right hand side front has a C18 canted 2 storey bay window with plain sashes, and the 1856 yellow brick addition has a matching bay. Interior retains early Cl9 stick baluster stair with carved string, and some C18 door joinery. A large moat surrounds the Rectory.

Listing NGR: TF4731971869

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 47319 71869


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204980 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2018 at 10:41:08.

End of official listing