FORMER HOLDINGS SHED APPROXIMATELY 45 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF BURTON AGNES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204984
Date first listed:
17-Jul-1987
Date of most recent amendment:
09-Feb-1988
Statutory Address:
FORMER HOLDINGS SHED APPROXIMATELY 45 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF BURTON AGNES, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER HOLDINGS SHED APPROXIMATELY 45 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF BURTON AGNES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204984.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2019 at 12:06:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER HOLDINGS SHED APPROXIMATELY 45 METRES TO NORTH WEST OF BURTON AGNES, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Burton Agnes
National Grid Reference:
TA 10809 62414

Details

In the entry for - BURTON AGNES STATION ROAD TA 1062-1162 (east side) 12/36 Holding Sheds

The address shall be amended to read -

TA 1062-1162 BURTON AGNES STATION ROAD (east side)

12/36 Former Holdings shed Approx 45m to NW of Burton Agnes

------------------------------------

BURTON AGNES STATION ROAD TA 1062-1162 (east side)

Holding Sheds

12/36 II

Holding sheds now commercial buildings. Mid-late C19 for the North Eastern Railway. Pinkish-brown brick with red brick dressings and Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays,with central gabled breakforward with tall single- storey, 5-bay range to left. Main range: right bay has boarded openings under flat arches of red rubbed brick to both storeys, otherwise multi-paned tall windows under segmental arches of red brick. Hoist to central gable. Overhanging eaves. Gable end has blocked opening with segmental arch of red brick. Bays of left range articulated by pilaster strips. To third bay are double plank doors with flat arch of red gauged brick. To fifth bay are double plank doors with divided overlight. Flat window to roof. Oculus with slats to gable end, gauged red brick surround.

Listing NGR: TA1080962414

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
167792
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/07647/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les Waby. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].