BARN IMMEDIATELY TO NORTH OF POOL BANK FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1205076
Date first listed:
01-May-1987
Date of most recent amendment:
03-Apr-1989
Statutory Address:
BARN IMMEDIATELY TO NORTH OF POOL BANK FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN IMMEDIATELY TO NORTH OF POOL BANK FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205076 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 09:01:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN IMMEDIATELY TO NORTH OF POOL BANK FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cumbria
District:
South Lakeland (District Authority)
Parish:
Crosthwaite and Lyth
National Park:
LAKE DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SD 43026 87855

Details

CROSTHWAITE AND LYTH POOL BANK SD 48 NW 3/30 Barn immediately to 1.5.87 north of Pool Bank Farmhouse (formerly listed as Barn to north of South House)

G.V. II

Double barn. Probably late C17 or early C18, extension dated 1733. Roughcast stone with slate roof. Large building, with gabled wings to west side, that to left has slate datestone inscribed: "TDH/1733" with incised decoration. Both wings have ball finial and pentices over ground floor entrances and windows; 1st floor windows under dripstones, that to left has dove-cote entrances in triangular frame, that to right has panel over, and top dripstone. Central part has 2 barn entrances with pentices and paired pivoted doors, with ventilation slots between; entrance to left has 3 stone panels above. Rear has late C20 cow house of no special interest and inserted window. Interior has collar and tie beam trusses and cross wall to south of centre line.

Listing NGR: SD4302687855

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
77118
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Apr 2001
Reference: IOE01/02685/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr CJ Wright. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].