SHOP PREMISES OCCUPIED BY DOWLING AND BAY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1205125
Date first listed:
19-Mar-1951
Statutory Address:
SHOP PREMISES OCCUPIED BY DOWLING AND BAY, FORE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of SHOP PREMISES OCCUPIED BY DOWLING AND BAY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205125 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 06:36:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
SHOP PREMISES OCCUPIED BY DOWLING AND BAY, FORE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Looe
National Grid Reference:
SX2551953329

Details

LOOE

SX2453 FORE STREET, East Looe 857-1/4/12 (West side) 19/03/51 Shop premises occupied by Dowling and Bay

GV II

Also known as: 1666 House FORE STREET. Possible merchant's house with later shop. 1666 inscription. Render on timber-frame with C20 mock timber-frame panels; fairly steep asbestos slate roof. Double-depth plan plus rear wing on the left; 3 storeys; regular 2-window range. 2nd floor has rare C18 18-pane horizontal- sliding sashes with thick glazing bars; 1st floor has taller early C19 16-pane hornless sashes. Ground floor has recessed C20 bowed shop front with small panes. INTERIOR: ground floor has C18 bowtell-moulded axial beams, otherwise not inspected.

Listing NGR: SX2551953329

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
376383
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/13919/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Norman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].