NUMBER 69 WITH ATTACHED WALL AND BARN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1205158
Date first listed:
28-Aug-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
02-Jul-1991
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 69 WITH ATTACHED WALL AND BARN, MAIN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 69 WITH ATTACHED WALL AND BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205158 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 23:48:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 69 WITH ATTACHED WALL AND BARN, MAIN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Washingborough
National Grid Reference:
TF0208270749

Details

TF 0270 12/65 28.8.67

WASHINGBOROUGH MAIN ROAD (north side) No 69 with attached wall and barn (formerly listed as No 71)

II

Farmhouse. Late C16, remodelled 1839. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with a gable, a ridge and a lateral brick stack. Quions and brick plinth. 2 storey. Street front 3 bays, with central moulded and 4 centred arched doorway with moulded hood and plank door, above 2 plaques inscribed H.W.H and 1839. To the left a 4-light and to the right a 3-light cavetto moulded mullion window. Above a central 2-light window with hoodmould flanked by single 3-light window, all with cavetto moulded mullions. To the left a boundary wall with a central moulded and 4 centred arched gateway, presumably the original front doorway. The east front has a single margin light sash, and a casement, and then a single 3-light cavetto moulded mullion window. To the west an early C19 barn with half hipped pantile roof.

Listing NGR: TF0208270749

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192836
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/05645/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].