THE HARE AND HOUNDS PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1205252
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1975
Statutory Address:
THE HARE AND HOUNDS PUBLIC HOUSE, ALMONDS GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE HARE AND HOUNDS PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205252.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 10:38:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE HARE AND HOUNDS PUBLIC HOUSE, ALMONDS GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 39605 93262

Details

SJ 3993 17/74

ALMONDS GREEEN (west side), L12 The Hare and Hounds Public House

14.3.75

G.V. II

Public House. Early C19, with detail perhaps applied in 1930's. Stucco with slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays, narrow canted corner bay to left. Frieze over ground floor; top entablature and pediments over end bays, central blocking course has gable. 2 ground floor windows have architraves with cable mould and rectangular panel, sills with Vitruvian scroll on consoles; small-paned casements. Flanking round- headed entrances with continuous mouldings; half-glazed doorcases and doors and complete fanlights. 1st floor central bay has 3 narrow windows with 1930's iron balcony; end bays have windows flanked by panels; all have sashes with glazing bars.

Listing NGR: SJ3960593262

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
213666
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jun 2000
Reference: IOE01/01696/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Frank Edge. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].