9,10 AND 11, GUILD STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1205341

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Statutory Address: 9,10 AND 11, GUILD STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 9,10 AND 11, GUILD STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205341 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 13:35:11.

Location

Statutory Address: 9,10 AND 11, GUILD STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon

National Grid Reference: SP 20127 55145

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

SP2055SW GUILD STREET 604-1/8/94 (North side) 25/10/51 Nos.9, 10 AND 11

GV II

Terrace of 3 town houses. c1840. Brick with buff headers and stucco dressings; hipped slate roof with 2 brick cross-axial stacks. L-plan. Georgian style. 3 storeys; 8-window range; 2-window house to left and 2 symmetrical 3-window houses. Wide eaves soffit. Central entrances have aedicules, fluted Composite pilasters and Greek key to entablatures, overlights with margin lights to 2- and 3-fielded-panel doors; elliptical-headed carriage entrance to right of entrance to No.9. Windows have sills, and rusticated wedge lintels with keys over 12-pane sashes. C20 rear wing. Built on land sold by the trustees of Tyler's Charity in 1840. (Bearman R: Stratford-upon-Avon: A History of its Streets and Buildings: Nelson: 1988-: 65).

Listing NGR: SP2012755145

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 366258

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Bearman, R, Stratford Upon Avon A History of its streets and buildings, (1988), 65

End of official listing