5, FORE STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1205439

Date first listed: 29-Jul-1976

Statutory Address: 5, FORE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 5, FORE STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205439 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 20:29:38.

Location

Statutory Address: 5, FORE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Chard Town

National Grid Reference: ST 32148 08601

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHARD

ST3308 FORE STREET 756-1/4/57 (North side) 29/07/76 No.5

GV II

Hotel, now 2 shops with dental surgery above. 1834, with later alterations. Ham Hill stone shop front, stucco 1st and 2nd floors; Cornish slate roof with stone copings; brick stacks. Double-depth plan. 3 storeys; 4-window range. C20 shop front. 1st and 2nd floors have 2/2-pane sashes in flat arch frames with keystones dying into platbands. Box gutter in brackets; stack to left gable end and ridge stack to right of centre; stepped copings to gable ends and a medieval stone carved finial to right gable. INTERIOR: C20 shop and 1st floor. Staircase from 2nd to 3rd floor at rear left corner, set in an oval hall with round-arched sash window, is open-well, open-string with plain balusters and swept mahogany rail. On the 3rd floor a passage with 2 round arches runs centrally, parallel to the front and some early C19 fireplaces still remain. HISTORY: built as the Crown Hotel in 1834.

Listing NGR: ST3214008615

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 374085

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing