43, HENLEY STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1205510

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Statutory Address: 43, HENLEY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 43, HENLEY STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205510 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 01:29:26.

Location

Statutory Address: 43, HENLEY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon

National Grid Reference: SP2002755103

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

SP2055SW HENLEY STREET 604-1/8/110 (South West side) 25/10/51 No.43

GV II

Formerly known as: Coach and Horses Inn HENLEY STREET. Formerly known as: Duke of Wellington Inn HENLEY STREET. Inn now coffee shop. Earlier C19 with earlier origins, refaced in 1840. Brick with buff headers and stucco dressings; slate to front of roof with steeper tile to rear, with brick end stacks. Georgian style. 3 storeys; symmetrical 2-window range. Plain eaves. Entrance has moulded framing with side lights and half-glazed door with small-paned glazing; pentice with deep fascia extends over flanking canted bay windows with C20 casements. Windows to upper floors have sills, and rusticated wedge lintels with keys over 16-pane sashes to 1st floor, 4/8-pane sashes to 2nd floor. Rear has 3 gabled wings, one with timber-framed gable, 2 are C20. A building stood on this site in 1618; the timbers at the back may have belonged to it. (Bearman R: Stratford-upon-Avon: A History of its Streets and Buildings: Nelson: 1988-: 37).

Listing NGR: SP2002755103

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 366275

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Bearman, R, Stratford Upon Avon A History of its streets and buildings, (1988), 37

End of official listing