THE GARTH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1205754

Date first listed: 11-Jun-1958

Statutory Address: THE GARTH, NEWCHAPEL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE GARTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205754 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 16:49:59.

Location

Statutory Address: THE GARTH, NEWCHAPEL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Tandridge (District Authority)

Parish: Lingfield

National Grid Reference: TQ 38070 43666

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 34SE LINGFIELD C.P. NEWCHAPEL ROAD

9/229 The Garth

11/6/58 II*

Former Parish Workhouse with house attached, new house. 1729 altered by W.H. Godfrey in 1919. Red and blue brick below, plain tiled to first floor left, diamond patterning on right and across former entrance front. Plain tiled roof with 3 rear stacks to left of centre and right, one to right with beehive top. Entrance front row to rear. 2 storeys with 3 storey gabled bay to left, single storey wing projecting from front left. Attic under 2 leaded casement dormers, six casement windows across first floor, the majority leaded. Four windows to ground floor left. Planked door to left of centre under flat hood on volute foliage brackets.

Garden front:- (former entrance front) brick plinth, 4 leaded gabled casement dormers to left, 8 leaded casements across first floor, 4 on ground floor. Left hand return front:- angle bay to ground floor.

Interior:- Beamed ceilings. with chamfered main beams.

PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p. 350.

Listing NGR: TQ3807043666

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 287472

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Nairn, I Rev. by Cherry, The Buildings of England: Surrey, (1971), 350

End of official listing