MANOR FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1205840

Date first listed: 13-Oct-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Nov-1994

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205840 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 18:46:34.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale (District Authority)

Parish: Gawcott with Lenborough

National Grid Reference: SP 68211 31786

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GAWCOTT WITH LENBOROUGH SP6831 MAIN STREET, Gawcott 879-1/8/218 (South side) 13/10/52 Manor Farmhouse and attached outbuildings ~ (Formerly Listed as: BUCKINGHAM VILLAGE STREET, Gawcott (South side) Manor Farmhouse) GV II Former farmhouse. Dated 1677, C20 alterations. Red brick in English bond on coursed squared limestone plinth, plain-tile roof, brick ridge stack. 3-unit through-passage plan originally. 2-storey, 3-window range. 9-panel door to far left, replacing a window, with overlight and flat-arched brick head. Leaded horizontal oval windows to ground floor and first floors left of centre with some original glass. Painted datestone to ground floor centre just below string course inscribed GS/1677. Cross windows to ground floor right, which flank blocked doorway, all with flat-arched heads. Similar windows to first floor. Moulded brick coping to plinth and moulded brick string course. Cross windows to right side elevations and to rear. Ridge stack has 4 square brick flues, closely set together, which have been reduced in height and now have C20 terracotta chimney pots. Lower 2-storey outbuilding to left, continued by single-storey outbuilding. The former is of red brick in English bond with plain-tile roof and a 3-light casement window to ground floor near house with wood lintel, the latter is of brick in Flemish bond with some flared headers on coursed rubble plinth and has corrugated iron roof. INTERIOR: ogee stop-chamfered spine beams. Back-to-back open fireplaces, that to large room to left of centre with slightly cambered stop-chamfered bressumer. Salt cupboard recess to side of chimney breast in present passage. Winder stairs from ground floor to attic. Old stud partitions and old plank doors with wrought-iron hinges. Roof has colla.rs to principal trusses and 2 tiers of purlins. (North Bucks: RCHME: An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire: London: 1913-: 77 ITEM 31).



Listing NGR: SP6821131786

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 377308

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

End of official listing