THE STABLES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1205913

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1984

Statutory Address: THE STABLES, CLAYTON HALL DRIVE, CLAYTON-LE-MOORS, BB5 5SG

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE STABLES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205913 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 11:45:33.

Location

Statutory Address: THE STABLES, CLAYTON HALL DRIVE, CLAYTON-LE-MOORS, BB5 5SG

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Hyndburn (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 75197 32035

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 05/08/2015

SD 73 SE 3/56

CLAYTON-LE-MOORS CLAYTON HALL DRIVE The Stables

(Formerly listed as Building c.15 metres west of Clayton Hall Farmhouse)

GV II Building of uncertain purpose, probably later C18, now dairy. Watershot coursed and squared sandstone with ashlar dressings, roof of corrugated sheet. Rectangular 3-bay plan. Two storeys, symmetrical; rusticated quoins, plinth, ground floor sill band, flat floor band, moulded gutter brackets; in centre a former doorway with plain stone surround and moulded cornice (now altered as window) on each side an oblong altered window (one blocked); at 1st floor 2 bullseyes, and a small inserted door in centre. Left return wall has round-headed 1st floor door, right return wall has a window on each floor; rear concealed by attached later buildings. Item matches former Clayton Hall (1772, now demolished) in style. (See Ainsworth, Homesteads between pp. 316, 317).

Listing NGR: SD7519732035

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183859

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ainsworth, R, The Old Homesteads of Accrington and District, (1928), 316-7

End of official listing