This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

47, 49 AND 51, DYER STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 47, 49 AND 51, DYER STREET

List entry Number: 1205916

Location

47, 49 AND 51, DYER STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Cirencester

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Apr-1991

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 365278

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CIRENCESTER

SP0201 DYER STREET 578-1/6/142 (North side) 29/04/91 Nos.47, 49 AND 51

GV II

3 houses, now flats, dental surgery and shop. Dated 1889. Built for Bathurst estate. Coursed squared limestone; stone slate roof to left (No.47), artificial stone slates to centre and right (Nos 49 and 51); large stone ridge stacks to centre and at right end. 3 gables to street; shared through passage to rear at centre right. Revived Cotswold vernacular style. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. First floor has 3 oriel windows with 4-light canted bays with ovolo-moulded, probably stone, mullions-and-transoms with leaded upper lights. Shaped bases to oriels are rendered; dentil cornices over windows and lead flat roofs. Three 3-light ovolo-moulded stone-mullion windows with hoodmoulds in gables above, retaining leaded lights to left (No.47) and in one light to centre (No.49); plastic windows to right (No.51). Three oval leaded windows in moulded stone surrounds with curved dripmoulds over in gables above 3-light windows. Ground floor has two 3-light ovolo-moulded stone mullion-and-transom windows with leaded upper lights to left and centre (Nos 47 and 49); 6-panel door with upper 2 panels glazed in moulded stone surround to left (No.47); C20 glazed door in similar surround to centre (No.49); C20 plate glass shopfront with glazed door to right (No.51). To centre right passage to rear has wrought-iron gate in moulded stone surround with four-centred arched head; moulded string over ground floor breaks upwards over passage entrance to enclose stone shield lettered 1889 B REBUILT. Flush quoins to left and right angles; four square section iron rainwater pipes with moulded hopper heads. INTERIORS not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP0264001941

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 02640 01941

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205916 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 05:39:55.

End of official listing