CHURCH OF IMMANUEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1206058

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1984

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF IMMANUEL, NEW LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF IMMANUEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206058 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 07:44:04.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF IMMANUEL, NEW LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Hyndburn (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 73324 26698

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OSWALDTWISTLE NEW LANE SD 72 NW 4/90 Church of Immanuel - - II

Church, 1836-7, by J.& T. Stones; enlarged 1866-7. Coursed squared sandstone, and snecked rock-faced stone, slate roof. Cruciform plan: west tower, nave; transepts and chancel with organ house and side chapel (1866-7). Simple Early English style. Three-stage tower incorporating porch has diagonal buttresses to 1st stage, door with pointed arch, narrow lancets in each side, coupled belfry lancets, and pinnacles. Buttressed 4-bay nave has tall coupled lancets, transepts have 2 lancets and chancel 3 lancets with traceried heads. Interior: wide nave with flat ceiling and west gallery (c.1840), approached by reflected pair of staircases; 3 pointed arches at east end (organ house, chancel, side chapel); in north transept 2 stained glass windows in Morris style (1897); traceried chancel screen to commemorate coronation of King Edward VII; and traceried oak Organ Screen early C20.

Listing NGR: SD7409627519

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183893

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing