TWO TOMBS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1206087
Date first listed:
04-Apr-1994
Statutory Address:
TWO TOMBS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY, OLD TOWN

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO TOMBS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206087 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 00:57:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO TOMBS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY, OLD TOWN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)
Parish:
Stratford-upon-Avon
National Grid Reference:
SP 20125 54289

Details

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

SP2054 OLD TOWN 604-1/6/152 (East side) Two tombs immediately south of chancel of Church of Holy Trinity

GV II

Two chest tombs to Easthope and Smith families. c1810 and c1820. Ashlar. That to west: moulded plinth, moulded balusters in rebates and moulded edge to top slab; fielded panels, 2 to each side. Susannah and Edward Easthope, d.1795 and 1810, recorded on south side; Elizabeth, d.1837, Sarah, d.1818, Goodwin and 2 other infants recorded on north side; Mary, d.1805 and another daughter, d.1800, recorded to ends. Tomb to east: moulded plinth and edge to top slab. James Smith and his wife Dorothy, d.1812 and 1820 recorded on south side; Harriet Edwards and Lucy Smith, d.1835 and 1835, recorded to east end.

Listing NGR: SP2012554289

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
366334
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Nov 2004
Reference: IOE01/13301/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].