CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1206149

Date first listed: 28-Jun-1952

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206149 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 14:27:49.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 39208 89020

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 3989 CHURCH ROAD L15

31/283 Church of 28.6.52 Holy Trinity

G.V. II*

Church. Nave and west tower, 1794, J. Hope. Chancel, 1911, Sir C. Reilly. Stone with slate roof. 5-bay nave. Band over ground floor, top cornice and parapet with balustrading over windows. Windows on 2 levels, those to ground floor level are segmental-headed, those to upper level are round-headed. Small-paned fixed glazing. West tower has large obelisk - form buttresses in concrete (probably 1911). West entrance now window, with round window above. Panels with swags and diamond-face clock. Truncated spire. Low porch to north. East end extension similar to rest of Church, has north and south entrances with windows above with architrave, frieze and cornice and lattice-pattern glazing. East end has bowed bay with 3 round-headed windows, and low flanking bays. Interior has west gallery on quatrefoil iron columns. Stucco snags below upper windows (originally galleries to sides). Flat ceiling with central rose. Tower has baptistry with saucer dome and shallow font on round base. Chancel flanked by internal porches with flat pilasters becoming antae above porches. Entrances have pediments and panels supporting urns with organ pipes behind. Apse has panelled pilasters and lattice-pattern vault. Early C19 choir stalls, pulpit and lectern. An unusual and powerful expression of Reilly's idiosyncratic style.

Listing NGR: SJ3920889020

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 213908

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing