CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1206191

Date first listed: 26-Feb-1954

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206191 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 18:28:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Norwich (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TG 20254 05966

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 2005 N CHURCH LANE, EATON (south-west side) 37/162 26.2.54 Church of St. Andrew. - II* Parish Church. C13 with C15 tower. Knapped flint; flushwork on tower with Caen stone dressings; thatched roof. Nave and chancel in one; west tower, C13 north porch; C20 flat-roofed vestry to south. 6 lancet windows in have and chancel; east window has intersecting tracery. 4-stage tower with diagonal buttresses; perpendicular west window and 2-light belfry windows; crenellated parapet with pinnacles. Interior: lofty tower arch; blocked rood screen door; piscina; C19 scissor~braced waggon roof with ashlar posts. C17 Communion table and grave slab of John Scamler (d.c.1688) in Chancel. Mediaeval font (heavily restored) brought from Sandingham Church in 1896. Source: P. Hepworth, Eaton Parish and its Churches, Norwich, 1968.

Listing NGR: TG2025405966

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 228908

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hepworth, P , Eaton Parish and its Churches, (1968)

End of official listing