WAREHOUSE WITH CLOCK TOWER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1206215
Date first listed:
08-Apr-1983
Statutory Address:
WAREHOUSE WITH CLOCK TOWER

Map

Ordnance survey map of WAREHOUSE WITH CLOCK TOWER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206215 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 19:25:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
WAREHOUSE WITH CLOCK TOWER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
The Gorge
National Grid Reference:
SJ 66738 04720

Details

COALBROOKDALE COALBROOKDALE IRONWORKS 1. 5362 Warehouse with clock tower

SJ 6604 9/84

II* GV

2. Erected in circa 1792, clock tower added 1843. Red brick warehouse with double span roof with 2 small gables at each end. Three storeys, 9 window range. Small-paned casements with cast-iron glazing bars, cast-iron lintels and sills. Cast-iron doorheads to ground floor. Wide elliptical- headed opening to ground floor right-hand. Four-window return elevations. Central square cast-iron clock tower with cupola and fluted ball finial, fluted angle shafts, round clock face to each elevation with enriched spandrels. The clock housing is supported on an ornamental openwork cast-iron cradle with splayed legs. Built by the Coalbrookdale Company.

Listing NGR: SJ6673804720

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
361946
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Jul 2007
Reference: IOE01/16428/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Cousens. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].