CUCKNEY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1206575
Date first listed:
12-Apr-1985
Statutory Address:
CUCKNEY SCHOOL, SCHOOL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CUCKNEY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206575 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 16:06:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
CUCKNEY SCHOOL, SCHOOL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Nottinghamshire
District:
Bassetlaw (District Authority)
Parish:
Cuckney
National Grid Reference:
SK 56028 70996

Details

SK 57 SE CUCKNEY SCHOOL LANE (North side)

8/60 Cuckney School

G.V. II

School, formerly cotton mill and corn mill. Built c.1723 and converted into a cotton mill c.1785. Dressed coursed rubble. Flush ashlar quoins. Hipped slate roof with 2 red brick stacks to the rear. Situated adjacent to the hillside and set on a shallow plinth. 3 storeys, formerly 4, 8 bays. Central, double glazing bar casement with splayed ashlar lintel and keystone. To the right are 3 similar single casements with splayed ashlar lintels. To the left is a single glazing bar casement, a single glazing bar sash, a doorway with part glazed door and a single glazing bar sash. All with splayed ashlar lintels, apart from the casement lintel which is not splayed. Above is a central double glazing bar casement flanked by 3 similar single casements. All with splayed ashlar lintels, the central casement also with keystone. On the top floor is a central, double, glazing bar casement flanked by 3 similar single casements. To the left attached at first floor level is a red brick and slate single bay, single storey, extension. To the rear are later red brick extensions.

Listing NGR: SK5602870996

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
241415
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/01837/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Hind. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].