12-16, ELM HILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1206643

Date first listed: 26-Feb-1954

Statutory Address: 12-16, ELM HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of 12-16, ELM HILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206643 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 16:13:28.

Location

Statutory Address: 12-16, ELM HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Norwich (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TG 23188 08843

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 2308 NW ELM HILL (north-west side) 16/306 26.2.54 Nos. 12 to 16 (even) GV II 3 houses, now 2 shops and house. Timber-frame Nos. 12 & 14 brick on ground floor; No.16: rendered on ground floor. First floor and dormers rendered throughout. Plain tiled roof. Brick coping to rendered left gable; brick gable-end chimney to right. 2 storeys and attic; first-floor jetty; 6 first-floor windows (one blocked). Central passage has moulded surround and door with ribs, iron studs and four-centred head, and includes a smaller door of similar design. Flush panelled and part-glazed doors to Nos. 12 and 14 have simple identical moulded doorcases with corner roundels. No.16 has a 6-panelled door and simple fluted doorcase.Ground floor windows have glazing bars with external shutters to Nos. 12 & 14. The window of No.12 is slightly bowed, similar to another in the left side elevation. No.16 has one small glazing-bar sash window with wooden shutter, and 2 large-paned sash windows flanking the door. 5 first-floor mullioned and transomed casements, and one similar in side elevation. Box cornice beneath 3 gabled dormers with casements, plain bargeboards and turned pendants. Rear of Nos. 14 and 16 have flint rubble walls and diaper-pattern brickwork. Used as a monastery for a short time after 1864, under Rev. J,L.Lyne, self-styled Father Ignatius.F

Listing NGR: TG2318808843

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 229059

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing