FARM BUILDINGS AT LARK HALL YARD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1206906
Date first listed:
17-Mar-1977
Date of most recent amendment:
28-Oct-1994
Statutory Address:
FARM BUILDINGS AT LARK HALL YARD, COTTAGE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARM BUILDINGS AT LARK HALL YARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1206906 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 20:36:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
FARM BUILDINGS AT LARK HALL YARD, COTTAGE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 93014 73512

Details

MACCLESFIELD

SJ9373 COTTAGE LANE 886-1/7/71 (East side) 17/03/77 Farm buildings at Lark Hall Yard (Formerly Listed as: LARK HALL YARD, COTTAGE LANE Nos.1-7 (Odd))

GV II

Group of farm buildings forming a courtyard, including threshing barn and shelter sheds. Part dated 1874. Coursed and squared rubble and brick with stone-flagged roofs. Barn forms one side of courtyard, with open structure facing yard, the roof carried on brick piers. Central entrance with low brick walls to storage bays each side. Rear elevation has central double doors in segmental archway dated 1874 with initials SA in the keystone. Smaller segmental arched openings to upper loft with plank shutters set beneath gabled dormers with finials to bargeboards. Flanking shelter sheds form right-angled returns of courtyard, with segmentally-arched openings (blocked in western unit) in rear elevation forming symmetrical composition with barn. Some alteration to openings on courtyard side, but original stabling(?) survives in right-hand (eastern) range: 2 doorways and 3 windows. Open shelter shed alongside, the roof carried on cast-iron column. Similar structure to left hand range, with some open shelter bays as well as enclosed animal accommodation. Probably built or rebuilt as a single planned development.

Listing NGR: SJ9301473512

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
390971
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/99004/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Patricia Layhe. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].