THE SWAN HOTEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1207166

Date first listed: 19-Dec-1955

Statutory Address: THE SWAN HOTEL, 6, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE SWAN HOTEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207166 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 06:25:15.

Location

Statutory Address: THE SWAN HOTEL, 6, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Mansfield (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 53895 61062

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MANSFIELD

SK5361 CHURCH STREET 924-1/5/34 (South West side) 19/12/55 No.6 The Swan Hotel

II

Hotel. c1584, remodelled C18, with addition c1870; restored and remodelled c1990. Rendered and painted front with stone dressings, mainly renewed, and plain tile roofs. C19 addition, to left, has coped gables and 2 coped stone gable stacks. Plinth. Windows are mainly renewed glazing bar sashes with projecting rendered surrounds. Double gabled main block, to right, 3 storeys plus attics; 4-window range of 12-pane sashes and above, 4 similar sashes. Above again, in each gable, an unequally hung 9-pane sash. Below, to right, a painted stone doorcase with Ionic columns and pilasters, and round-arched opening with keystone and voussoirs. Reset datestone, 1584, and C20 door. To left, two 12-pane windows. Above, between floors, a full-width glazed canopy on cast-iron brackets. Slightly recessed addition, to left, 2 storeys plus attics; 3-window range of 12-pane sashes and above, 2 through-eaves dormers with coped gables, each with a renewed 2-light stone mullioned casement. Below, 3 round-arched windows with 2-light casements and fanlights. (Buildings of England: Pevsner N & Williamson E: Nottinghamshire: Harmondsworth: 1979-: 171).

Listing NGR: SK5389561062

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 391689

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Williamson, E, The Buildings of England: Nottinghamshire, (1979), 171

End of official listing