MAUSOLEUM 75 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL AT MANSFIELD CEMETERY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207184
Date first listed:
21-Mar-1994
Statutory Address:
MAUSOLEUM 75 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL AT MANSFIELD CEMETERY, NOTTINGHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MAUSOLEUM 75 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL AT MANSFIELD CEMETERY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207184 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 13:46:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
MAUSOLEUM 75 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL AT MANSFIELD CEMETERY, NOTTINGHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Nottinghamshire
District:
Mansfield (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 54154 59021

Details

MANSFIELD

SK55NW NOTTINGHAM ROAD 924-1/3/84 (West side (off)) Mausoleum 75 metres north-east of chapel at Mansfield Cemetery

GV II

Mausoleum. 1858, with later C19 alterations. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings and flat roof. Greek Revival style. Plinth, plain impost band and blocking course. Rock-faced acroteria at the corners. Square plan with battered walls. West front has moulded Egyptian-style doorcase with cornice, and frieze with Greek inscription. Blocked doorway with inscribed marble tablet dated 1864 and 1874. There was formerly a rock-faced pediment, now dislodged. East front has a cross-shaped opening. Blocking course inscribed 1858.

Listing NGR: SK5415459021

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
391744
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/11299/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek E. Wharton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].