CRAIG CONVALESCENT HOME FOR CHILDREN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1207211

Date first listed: 06-Apr-1979

Statutory Address: CRAIG CONVALESCENT HOME FOR CHILDREN, ELMS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CRAIG CONVALESCENT HOME FOR CHILDREN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207211 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 09:41:49.

Location

Statutory Address: CRAIG CONVALESCENT HOME FOR CHILDREN, ELMS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster (District Authority)

Parish: Morecambe

National Grid Reference: SD 45232 65032

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MORECAMBE AND HEYSHAM

SD4565 ELMS ROAD, Bare 939-1/4/3 Craig Convalescent Home for Children 06/04/79

GV II

House, now used as childrens' home. c.1840. Sandstone ashlar with punched finish. Hipped slate roofs. A symmetrical 1:3:1 composition with a plain frieze below oversailing moulded eaves and with the 3-bay centre block projecting forwards. To each side are wings which have a window and a glazed door on the ground floor and a single window above. Windows are glazing bar sashes. The central porch has pilasters with incised borders, a cornice, and a blocking course which carries railings which incorporate a central metal crest. Chimneys to each side of central block. Interior: stair hall, to rear of entrance hall, contains dog-leg stair with open string, stick balusters, and mahogany handrail. The house was originally known as 'The Parks' and became the Craig Home in 1934. (Crawshaw H N: A Short History of Bare).

Listing NGR: SD4523265032

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 391819

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Crawshaw, H N, A Short History of Bare

End of official listing