LINHAY ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH WEST OF HIGHER HEADBOROUGH FARMHOUSE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207357
Date first listed:
01-Sep-1992
Statutory Address:
LINHAY ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH WEST OF HIGHER HEADBOROUGH FARMHOUSE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD, HEADBOROUGH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LINHAY ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH WEST OF HIGHER HEADBOROUGH FARMHOUSE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207357 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 05:20:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
LINHAY ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH WEST OF HIGHER HEADBOROUGH FARMHOUSE ON OPPOSITE SIDE OF ROAD, HEADBOROUGH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Teignbridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Ashburton
National Park:
DARTMOOR
National Grid Reference:
SX 74975 70345

Details

ASHBURTON

SX7470 HEADBOROUGH ROAD 849-1/5/92 (North side) Linhay about 20m NW of Higher Headborough Farmhouse on opposite side of road

GV II

Linhay. Probably C18 to mid C19 (1840 or earlier). Stone rubble with cob upper storey, except that the left side wall is wholly of stone. Hipped roof covered with corrugated iron. Lower part of front has 4 monolithic granite posts, 2 of the intervening spaces now filled with red brick. Upper part now covered with corrugated iron. Loading door to loft in left gable. Interior: not inspected, but roof trusses appear to be original with collars pegged to the faces of the principal rafters. The linhay is shown on the Ashburton Tithe Map of 1840, although at that time it was not part of Higher Headborough Farm. (1840-: ASHBURTON TITHE MAP).

Listing NGR: SX7497570345

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
376071
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/12251/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Robert Vickery. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].