THE DIRTY DUCK PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1207384

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 04-Apr-1994

Statutory Address: THE DIRTY DUCK PUBLIC HOUSE, 53 AND 54, WATERSIDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE DIRTY DUCK PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207384 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 04:53:36.

Location

Statutory Address: THE DIRTY DUCK PUBLIC HOUSE, 53 AND 54, WATERSIDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon

National Grid Reference: SP 20225 54645

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

SP2054NW WATERSIDE 604-1/10/247 (West side) 25/10/51 Nos.53 AND 54 The Dirty Duck Public House (Formerly Listed as: WATERSIDE (West side) Nos.53 AND 54 Black Swan Inn, also known as The Dirty Duck)

GV II

Formerly known as: Black Swan Inn WATERSIDE. Two town houses, now public house. Probably C17 with later refronting: 1738 to left, c1800 to right; C20 alterations. Painted brick and ashlar with some internal timber-frame; slate and tile roofs with brick stacks. 2 storeys; 2-window range with 2-storey-and-attic, 2-window, range to left. Top modillioned brick cornice; range to left has platt bands to both floors, angle pilasters and coped gable. Ground floor has timber cornice over 2 entrances with half-glazed doors between 3 canted bay windows with small-paned glazing, that to right end of 2 storeys, all C20; right end breaks back with segmental-headed entry with plank door. 1st floor has window with C20 small-paned casement over central bay; left end has 2 windows with moulded sills, architraves and keys over 16-pane sashes; 12-pane sash to gable. Good wrought-iron sign bracket with scrolly cresting. Rear has hipped side wing to taller part, and 2 lower wings. INTERIOR: some exposed beams and panelling. (Bearman R: Stratford-upon-Avon: A History of its Streets and Buildings: Nelson: 1988-: 56).

Listing NGR: SP2022554645

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 366448

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Bearman, R, Stratford Upon Avon A History of its streets and buildings, (1988), 56

End of official listing