MANOR HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1207405

Date first listed: 03-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE FARMHOUSE, B6165

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207405 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 05:14:04.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE FARMHOUSE, B6165

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate (District Authority)

Parish: Hartwith cum Winsley

National Grid Reference: SE 20302 60549

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HARTWITH-CUM-WINSLEY B 6165 SE 26 SW (west side, off)

9/68 Manor House Farmhouse

GV II

House. Dated 1696 but probably built 1670. For members of the Knightson family. Coursed grey gritstone, porch in ashlar, blue slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays, lobby-entrance plan with added 2-storey porch under same roof line. Quoins and plinth. Porch: C20 board door in eared architrave, lintel with 2 recessed panels with inscription 'I K 1696' and 6-light wheel window above. Three 6-light recessed-chamfered mullion windows, each with central king mullion to ground floor. First floor: three 4-light recessed- chamfered mullion windows, that to far left restored and enlarged C20. Single light round-headed first-floor window to left of and partly obscured by porch. Gable copings, shaped kneelers, ridge stack above entrance and one to left end. Interior not inspected at resurvey. North Yorkshire and Cleveland Vernacular Buildings Study Group, Report No 471, (April 1978). B Jennings (Ed), A History of Nidderdale (1967), p481.

Listing NGR: SE2030260549

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 331197

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Jennings, B, A History of Nidderdale, (1967), 481
'North Yorkshire and Cleveland Vernacular Buildings Study Group Report' in April, (1978)

End of official listing