THE RICHMOND

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207434
Date first listed:
19-Jun-1985
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Jun-1995
Statutory Address:
THE RICHMOND, 24, HATTON GARDEN, LIVERPOOL, L3 2AA

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RICHMOND
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207434 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 23:59:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE RICHMOND, 24, HATTON GARDEN, LIVERPOOL, L3 2AA

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 34525 90825

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 15/10/2015

SJ 3490 NE 49/588

HATTON GARDEN L3 No. 24, The Richmond

(Formerly listed as Merseyside Transport Offices) GV II Former office building, built as tramway offices. 1906. T. Shelmerdine. Red brick with stone dressings and facing to ground floor, 4 storeys with basement and 1930's attic, 13 bays. Ground floor has channelled rustication. Last 9 bays form symmetrical composition round centre bay which has round arched doorway in aedicule with paired rusticated Tuscan columns, pulvinated frieze and broken segmental pediment containing arms of Liverpool. 2-storey canted oriel above, with mullioned and transomed window. Window with Gibbs surround to 3rd floor. 5th and 9th bays similar but have paired windows to ground floor with rusticated colonnettes supporting consoled cornice, which supports Portland stone figures flanking the decorated base of the oriels. Other bays have windows with Gibbs surrounds to upper floors,1st floor windows with pediments, 2nd floor windows with entablatures. Carriage entrance in 2nd and 3rd bay. Listed for group value only.

Listing NGR: SJ3452590825

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
214252
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/06546/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Taylor. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].