BARN AND BYRE RANGE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF BIRCHFIELD FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207454
Date first listed:
03-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
BARN AND BYRE RANGE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF BIRCHFIELD FARMHOUSE, B6165

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AND BYRE RANGE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF BIRCHFIELD FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207454 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 16:51:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN AND BYRE RANGE APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF BIRCHFIELD FARMHOUSE, B6165

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Harrogate (District Authority)
Parish:
Hartwith cum Winsley
National Grid Reference:
SE 21250 59981

Details

HARTWITH-CUM-WINSLEY B 6165 SE 25 NW (south side, off)

14/77 Barn and byre range approximately 20 metres east of Birchfield Farmhouse

GV II

Barn and byre. Dated 1792. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. Long range composed of barn, approximately 5 bays, at north end and 2-storey, approximately 3-bay, byre with hay loft over at south end. Quoins. Segmental-arched barn entrance with quoined jambs and moulded plaque inscribed 'M D'. Blocked byre door to left; board door to byre 1792 right and far right, with long jamb stones and large plain lintels. Inserted 8-pane window between, with 2-light flat-faced mullion window above. Shaped kneelers, gable copings. Right return: straight flight of stone steps to quoined doorway centre, first floor; owl-hole in gable.

Listing NGR: SE2125059981

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
331206
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Sep 2006
Reference: IOE01/15995/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Tim Nichols. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].