WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATES TO SOUTH AND EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1207544

Date first listed: 31-Mar-1992

Statutory Address: WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATES TO SOUTH AND EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, OXFORD STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATES TO SOUTH AND EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207544 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 06:48:01.

Location

Statutory Address: WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATES TO SOUTH AND EAST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, OXFORD STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Wolverhampton (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SO 95480 96217

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOLVERHAMPTON

SO9596 OXFORD STREET, Bilston 895-1/15/25 (North side) Walls, railings and gates to S and E of Church of St Mary (q.v.)

GV II

Wall extending approx 39m and low wall with railings extending approximately 21.5m to east of Church of St Mary, and low wall and railings with 2 gates and drinking fountain extending approximately 47m to south. c1827 and 1866. Ashlar with cast-iron railings, wrought-iron gates, and polished granite fountain. Plain coped wall continued to south by low wall with trefoil-headed railings. South side has paired wrought-iron gates with scrolled panels and cast-iron gatepiers to each end; drinking fountain, erected 1866, toward east end has projecting basin and round-headed niche and inscription to the memory of Joseph Percival; short return to west. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SO9548096217

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 378516

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing