CHURCH OF ST JUDE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207629
Date first listed:
03-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST JUDE, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JUDE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207629 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 12:27:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST JUDE, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Harrogate (District Authority)
Parish:
Hartwith cum Winsley
National Grid Reference:
SE 21613 61701

Details

HARTWITH-CUM-WINSLEY CHAPEL LANE SE 26 SW (west side) Hartwith 9/107 Church of St Jude

GV II

Church. 1751, enlarged 1830. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. 4-bay nave with added south porch and l-bay chancel. 3 pointed-arched windows to nave and doorway to chancel; added porch and chancel have hoodmoulds. Shaped kneelers, gable copings and stone bellcote west end of nave. Interior: refurbished 1878. The church was built by subscription of landowners and tenants as a detached chapelry of the parish of Kirkby Malzard. The east end was added in 1830, including a vestry and sextons room. In 1878 the building was 'rendered suitable for divine service' including the construction of a chancel arch and 1891 it was rededicated to St Jude. W Grainge, Nidderdale, 1893, p 96.

Listing NGR: SE2161361701

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
331237
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Grainage, W , Nidderdale, (1893), 96

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/07116/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Tony Dallimore. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].