TWO OBELISKS FLANKING ENTRANCE TO COTHAM PARK AND ATTACHED WALLS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207692
Date first listed:
04-Mar-1977
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
TWO OBELISKS FLANKING ENTRANCE TO COTHAM PARK AND ATTACHED WALLS, COTHAM PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO OBELISKS FLANKING ENTRANCE TO COTHAM PARK AND ATTACHED WALLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207692 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 06:24:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO OBELISKS FLANKING ENTRANCE TO COTHAM PARK AND ATTACHED WALLS, COTHAM PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
ST5861474017

Details

BRISTOL

ST315874 COTHAM PARK, Cotham 901-1/35/1165 (East side) 04/03/77 Two obelisks flanking entrance to Cotham Park and attached walls (Formerly Listed as: COTHAM PARK Two obelisks at entrance to Cotham Park)

GV II

2 obelisks and perimeter walls. C18. Coursed squared Lias with some Pennant, and vermiculated limestone ashlar. Each obelisk is square, approx 10m high, with a small panelled plinth, and alternate bands of coursed stone and vermiculated blocks to a pyramidal top. Squared rubble walls approx 30m either side. Originally marking the entrance to Cotham Park, demolished in 1846.

Listing NGR: ST5861474017

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
379428
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/06892/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Ruth Povey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].