GROUP OF THREE CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207844
Date first listed:
09-Feb-1994
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF THREE CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF THREE CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207844 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 07:51:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF THREE CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 25 METRES NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Helston
National Grid Reference:
SW 65788 27765

Details

HELSTON

SW6427 CHURCH STREET 631-1/4/46 (West side) Group of 3 chest tombs approx. 25 metres north of Church of St Michael

GV II

Group of 3 chest tombs. Earliest tomb dated 1829 to Thomas Trevethan, d. aged 84; another to Catherine, wife of Thomas Phillips, d.1837 aged 27 and other one to Joseph Roberts, d.1830 aged 50. Dressed granite moulded monolithic sides plus low-pitched pedimented stelae at one end of each tomb. Each chest tomb is rectangular on plan. All have marble panels with recessed corners inset to east end; the Trevethan tomb has scrolled anthemion decoration.

Listing NGR: SW6578827765

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
385397
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Jun 2006
Reference: IOE01/15749/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Eric J Busby. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].