TRENGROUSE MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207854
Date first listed:
22-May-1972
Date of most recent amendment:
09-Feb-1994
Statutory Address:
TRENGROUSE MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRENGROUSE MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207854 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 18:58:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
TRENGROUSE MEMORIAL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Helston
National Grid Reference:
SW 65806 27713

Details

HELSTON

SW6427 CHURCH STREET 631-1/4/45 (West side) 22/05/72 Trengrouse memorial approx. 10 metres south of porch of Church of St Michael (Formerly Listed as: Grave of Henry Trengrouse)

GV II

Graveyard monument. 1854 or later. By Spargo of Helston. To Henry Trengrouse (1772-1855), inventor of the rocket life-saving apparatus for shipwreck at sea. Composite marble memorial with anchor and scroll with inscription on chamfered granite base within dressed granite kerb with pebbles between.

Listing NGR: SW6580627713

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
385399
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/04947/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Thompson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].