CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1207967

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, LITTLE HORTON LANE BD5

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207967 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 11:27:58.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, LITTLE HORTON LANE BD5

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Trident

National Grid Reference: SE 15699 32050

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 1532, 45/752

LITTLE HORTON LANE BD5 (west side), Church of All Saints

II*

1864, architect Thomas Healy, completed after his death by his sons T H and F Healy. The finest and most richly detailed of the Bradford churches of this period. A large church in a late C13 Decorated Gothic, bearing some resemblance to All Souls Halifax of 1858 by Scott. Fine quality sandstone masonry. Tall nave, shallow aisles, apsidal east end, transepts, north porch. The dominant feature (and a Bradford landmark) is the fine tower abutting the south transept. Inset buttresses, four stages with open twin light shafted bell stage; trefoil panelled parapet, crowned by corner pinnacles. Octagonal lofty stone spire with elongated lucarnes. The buttressed clerestory has spherical triangle windows, trefoil tracing. The graceful 3-light apse windows have applied crocketed gables. Trefoil traceried rose to west end gable.

Listing NGR: SE1569932050

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 336765

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing