BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO NORTH OF PARISH CHURCH OF CHRIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207974
Date first listed:
25-Oct-1993
Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO NORTH OF PARISH CHURCH OF CHRIST CHURCH, LOWER POLSHAM ROAD
Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO NORTH OF PARISH CHURCH OF CHRIST CHURCH, TORQUAY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO NORTH OF PARISH CHURCH OF CHRIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207974 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 16:44:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO NORTH OF PARISH CHURCH OF CHRIST CHURCH, LOWER POLSHAM ROAD
Statutory Address:
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATE PIERS TO NORTH OF PARISH CHURCH OF CHRIST CHURCH, TORQUAY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Torbay (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SX 88812 61228

Details

PAIGNTON

SX8861 LOWER POLSHAM ROAD 1947-1/4/56 (South side) Boundary walls and gate piers to north of Parish Church of Christ Church

GV II

Churchyard walls including gate piers. Late C19, probably contemporary with the building of the Parish Church of Christ Church between 1887-1888. Local red breccia rubble walls with shaped yellow brick coping. Gate piers local red breccia with Bathstone and local grey limestone. Square section gate piers with chamfered corners on plinths. Moulded cornice; grey limestone pinnacles, gabled on each side with red sandstone square-topped finials. The wall extends along Torquay Road in front of the W end of the church.

Listing NGR: SX8881261228

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
383828
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Jan 2002
Reference: IOE01/06364/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Dennis Coote. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].