COVENTRY CANAL BRIDGE NUMBER 68

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1208044
Date first listed:
25-Nov-1991
Statutory Address:
COVENTRY CANAL BRIDGE NUMBER 68

Map

Ordnance survey map of COVENTRY CANAL BRIDGE NUMBER 68
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208044 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 15:37:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
COVENTRY CANAL BRIDGE NUMBER 68

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Tamworth (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 22925 04283

Details

TAMWORTH

SK20SW COVENTRY CANAL, Amington 670-1/4/10 Bridge No 68 25/11/91

GV II

Canal bridge. 1785-90 with mid C19 coping. Thomas Sheasby, engineer. Brick. Segmental arch; parapets with stone-coped end piers and rounded brick coping; numbered plate to each side. One of a series of bridges on the Coventry canal. (Canals of the British Isles: Hadfield C: Canals of the East Midlands: London: 1966-: P.23-24; Inland Waterways Histories: Broadbridge SR: Birmingham Canal Navigations Vol I: 1768-1846: London: 1974-: P.41-45).

Listing NGR: SK2292504283

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
386478
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Broadbridge, S R, 'Inland Waterways Histories' in Birmingham Canal Navigations 1768-1846, (1974), 41-45
Hadfield, C, 'The Canals of the British Isles' in The Canals of the East Midlands, (1966), 23-4

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01327/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Kaz Diller. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].