THE MAURETANIA PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1208102

Date first listed: 26-Aug-1994

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Dec-1994

Statutory Address: THE MAURETANIA PUBLIC HOUSE, 7, 9 AND 11, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MAURETANIA PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208102 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 10:24:58.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MAURETANIA PUBLIC HOUSE, 7, 9 AND 11, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 58286 72870

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRISTOL

ST5872NW PARK STREET 901-1/15/2156 (West side) 26/08/94 Nos.7, 9 AND 11 The Mauretania Public House (Formerly Listed as: PARK STREET (West side) Nos.7-11 The Mauretania)

GV II

Public house. 1870. By Henry Masters, with rear extension of 1938 by WH Watkins. Limestone ashlar; roof not visible. 4-storey, 9-window front to Park Street, with plate-glass sashes set in architraves with enriched heads; ground floor remodelled mid C20, with carved capitals to end pilasters. Similar 3-window returns. Plain "moderne" style rear extension. INTERIOR has retained exceptionally fine interiors from RMS Mauretania, launched 1907 and scrapped after its final voyage in 1934, an outstanding example of the luxurious accommodation afforded by the early transatlantic liners. These include, on the ground floor, the Billiard Room, with magnificent panelling and plasterwork and the Mauretania logo. First floor said to have retained interiors of a similar high quality.

Listing NGR: ST5828672870

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 380114

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing