3,4 AND 5, BRITANNIA ROW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1208108

Date first listed: 14-Mar-1994

Statutory Address: 3,4 AND 5, BRITANNIA ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of 3,4 AND 5, BRITANNIA ROW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208108 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 05:16:06.

Location

Statutory Address: 3,4 AND 5, BRITANNIA ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: North Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Ilfracombe

National Grid Reference: SS 52277 47852

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ILFRACOMBE

SS5247 BRITANNIA ROW 853-1/7/18 Nos.3, 4 AND 5

II

3 small houses forming part of a terrace. Early or mid C19. Rendered, solid fronts. Slated roofs. Chimneys on right-hand side walls. 2 storeys. 3-window fronts with doorways in centre of ground storey. 8-paned sashes, except for blind window in centre of second storey. Nos. 4 and 5 have 6-panelled doors. No. 3 altered with door in 2 halves; lower section panelled, upper section glazed. C20 porch. INTERIORS not inspected. The row appears to be shown on the 1840 tithe map (in Devon Record Office), but is not mentioned in the 1841 census return; Nos.1-11 appear on the census return of April 1851. The occupants were mostly sailors, some employed by the coast guard, together with a sailmaker and laundress. (Public Record Office: H.O. 107/204/12; H.O. 107/1893/46; West Country Studies Library, Exeter: (Microfilm)).

Listing NGR: SS5227747852

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 390158

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing