BOARD OF ORDNANCE BOUNDARY STONE NO. 1 AT SX 9400 5595

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1208112
Date first listed:
18-Oct-1993
Statutory Address:
BOARD OF ORDNANCE BOUNDARY STONE NO. 1 AT SX 9400 5595, BERRY HEAD COUNTRY PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOARD OF ORDNANCE BOUNDARY STONE NO. 1 AT SX 9400 5595
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208112.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 10:57:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOARD OF ORDNANCE BOUNDARY STONE NO. 1 AT SX 9400 5595, BERRY HEAD COUNTRY PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Torbay (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Brixham
National Grid Reference:
SX 94000 55950

Details

BRIXHAM

SX95NW BERRY HEAD COUNTRY PARK, Berry Head 1946-1/2/2 Board of Ordnance Boundary Stone No.1 at SX 9400 5595

GV II

Board of Ordnance boundary stone. 1830. Erected by Col Birch. Short, square block of Devonian limestone now serving as part of a stile. Each of its 4 faces has a rounded top. On the front are carved the letters BO and the figure 1; arrow at the top. On the right side are carved 3 letters: H W - (third letter mutilated). The top has been grooved to provide a surer footing for walkers. (Exeter Museums Archaeological Field Unit Reports: Pye AR: Berry Head Fort, Brixham: 1990-: 27).

Listing NGR: SX9400055950

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
383517
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Exeter Museums Archaeological Field Unit Report' in Exeter Museums Archaeological Field Unit, (1990), 27

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04458/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Dennis Coote. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].