WHITE HART HOTEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1208180
Date first listed:
12-Jun-1950
Date of most recent amendment:
23-Jun-1950
Statutory Address:
WHITE HART HOTEL, 4, EAST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of WHITE HART HOTEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208180 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 01:33:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
WHITE HART HOTEL, 4, EAST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Crewkerne
National Grid Reference:
ST 44188 09806

Details

CREWKERNE

ST4409 EAST STREET 876-1/7/59 (South side) 12/06/50 No.4 White Hart Hotel

GV II

House now hotel. Late C16/early C17. MATERIALS: painted limestone rubble with a Ham Hill stone plinth and dressings to the ground-floor windows, stepped stone coping and brick stack to the left gable end; stone stack with a brick top to the right-of-centre. PLAN: 3-unit through-passage plan with C19 rear wing to the left. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys; 3-window range. Windows to the first-floor, under the eaves which have been raised at the front, are C20 leaded 4-light casements. All the windows to the ground-floor, of varying heights, are under label moulds; 3 to the left have hollow-moulded stone mullions; 4-light to the far left, 3-light to the centre, and 2-light to the left of the C20 door. A 3-light casement to the right of the door has a wooden frame in a stone surround. INTERIOR: the central room has a quartered ceiling with stepped stop chamfers to the beams, and an open fireplace with a complex moulded slightly arched stone lintel, which backs onto the passage. The roof of the main building is 3-bays with ridge-in-notch trusses and 2 trenched purlins, jointed at the main rafters. The front wall has been raised, and the former main rafters remain.

Listing NGR: ST4419109800

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
390337
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].