K6 TELEPHONE KIOSK NEAR JUNCTION WITH SION PLACE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1208250
Date first listed:
25-Nov-1987
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
K6 TELEPHONE KIOSK NEAR JUNCTION WITH SION PLACE, SION HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of K6 TELEPHONE KIOSK NEAR JUNCTION WITH SION PLACE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208250.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 10:42:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
K6 TELEPHONE KIOSK NEAR JUNCTION WITH SION PLACE, SION HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 56772 73177

Details

BRISTOL

ST5673SE SION HILL, Clifton 901-1/7/1037 (South side) 25/11/87 K6 telephone kiosk near junction with Sion Place (Formerly Listed as: SION HILL (South side) K6 telephone kiosk)

II

Telephone kiosk, Type K6. Designed in 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast-iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and door.

Listing NGR: ST5677273177

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
380552
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Apr 2001
Reference: IOE01/03229/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Cyril N. Chapman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].