88, ST JOHN STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1208756
Date first listed:
13-May-1975
Statutory Address:
88, ST JOHN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 88, ST JOHN STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208756 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 04:08:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
88, ST JOHN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Islington (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 31798 82055

Details

ISLINGTON

TQ3182SE ST JOHN STREET 635-1/74/792 (East side) 13/05/75 No.88

GV II

Two terraced houses, now with shop to ground floor. c.1821 (metal plaque at first floor level, reads 'P [Parish of] SS [St Sepulchre] Mdx [Middlesex] 1821'). Yellow brick set in Flemish bond, stucco, roof of Welsh slate. Four storeys over basement, three windows each. Ground floor has elliptical-arched entrance to right to Hat and Mitre Court, the rest a shop front probably of mid-C19 origin with pilasters flanking double doors to either side of a large-paned window, the left-hand doors panelled and of original design, with overlights. Upper windows flat-arched with gauged brick heads to first floor, the left-hand windows tripartite; deep stucco band above second floor leading to moulded stucco cornice and blocking course; dormers in mansard roof; stack to party wall.

Listing NGR: TQ3179382052

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
369288
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/02843/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Peter Fuller. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].